Former Cup Match players golf tournament pushed back
The Former Cup Match Players and Officials Association annual golf tournament, scheduled for Saturday, has been put back to June 4 to avoid clashing with the start of the new cricket season.
The tournament will take place at Ocean View Golf Club with all proceeds benefiting former Cup Match players, officials, their families and aspiring young cricketers in line with the association’s objective, mission, and goals.
The association’s committee made the executive decision on Monday to postpone the tournament until the rain date of June 4. Several other events are scheduled for this weekend, including Relay for Life and SailGP.
“These events have already, and we predict will continue to, impact the number of teams signed up to participate in our annual golf tournament,” the association said.
“In order to host a successful tournament and be in the best position to assist our beneficiaries, we must have a strong turnout, hence the decision made to postpone.
“We are sincerely grateful for the support of all sponsors that have stepped forward to donate towards the event and members of the community for signing up to participate.
“We encourage those that have signed up and others yet to sign up to register their interest for the revised date. We want a sold-out event.”
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service