Saltus senior school student confirmed with Covid-19
A case of the Covid-19 illness has been found in a student attending the senior department at Saltus.
The school advised that all senior students from year ten through Saltus Graduate Year two would be sent home for contact tracing and other health protocols.
The school said virtual learning would start on Wednesday if necessary.
A spokesman added: “The Saltus team is confident that based on school protocols, exposure has been limited and the affected classrooms are closed and will undergo additional cleaning.”
Deryn Lavell, the head of school, told parents that the student who tested positive was at home and had not attended Saltus today.
She said the Department of Health would carry out a risk assessment.
The school will then decide its next steps, which may include quarantine or testing for staff and students.
She added: “We will be dismissing our SGY 1 and SGY 2 students at 2.15pm and our Year 10 and 11 students at 2.30pm today.
“If you are unable to collect your students at that time, remaining students will be supervised until normal pick up time.”
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service