Bermuda College student tests positive for coronavirus
A Bermuda College student has tested positive for the coronavirus, it was announced last night.
Classes for the semester ended last week, and final examinations are being carried out remotely, but the college decided to close campus yesterday, except for its testing and assessment centre, until a risk assessment has been completed.
Potential exposure is believed to be limited, based on college safety protocols and reduced numbers on campus.
A professional cleaning schedule is under way at the College in accordance with guidelines.
Because of the island’s rising numbers of Covid-19, college staff who can work remotely will start on December 17. They can be reached by e-mail and telephone.
A spokeswoman said the college would be closed for the holidays from December 24 to January 8.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service