Covid forces postponement of drive-in movie event
Drive-in movies scheduled for the Easter weekend by the City of Hamilton have been postponed because of an increase in coronavirus infections.
Fresh Air Films: Drive in Edition, sponsored by HSBC, planned to run from April 1 to 3 in Bull’s Head car park, will be rescheduled when restrictions are lifted.
Allison Tucker, the bank’s senior events and marketing coordinator, said the organisers had a duty to make sure events were safe.
She added: “Although a drive-in event would have had a heightened safety measure, we felt it was best to operate under an abundance of caution and postpone the event.”
She thanked vendors, sponsors and organisers.
Shoppers with receipts from Hamilton businesses for entry to the drive-in were asked to keep them, as they will be honoured when the event was rescheduled.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service