KPMG offices closed after two staff test positive for Covid
Professional services firm KPMG has closed its offices until further notice after two people tested positive for Covid-19, The Royal Gazette can reveal.
A KPMG spokeswoman confirmed this afternoon that the firm sent staff home on Monday after the Ministry of Health informed them over the weekend that an employee had tested positive.
She added that, after contact tracing, they learnt that another employee had also tested positive after being in close contact with the first infected person.
The spokeswoman said: “Immediately upon us being notified of the one positive case and the subsequent office closure, a deep-cleaning happened right away on Monday.
“Because we knew contact tracing was happening we needed to let that play out and follow the Department of Health protocol and as that played out the additional case came to light.
“We’re working closely with the Department of Health on this and following all the protocols that are required.”
The spokeswoman said that KPMG would monitor the situation and carry out any further planning as it develops.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service