BF&M donates $12,000 worth of feminine products to WRC
BF&M donated 150 care packages last month to a women’s charity in honour of Women’s History Month.
The packages, donated to the Women’s Resource Centre, were filled with hygiene products such as body wash, lotion and tampons and pads.
Juanae Crockwell, the executive director of the WRC, said: “We are so grateful for the support of BF&M.
“These care packages have been welcomed by our clients and are a huge relief for those who are struggling with meeting their basic needs.”
Ms Crockwell said that many women have struggled to afford feminine care products owing to a recent rise in cost.
She added that the WRC received calls every day from women seeking financial assistance for tasks such as buying groceries.
Ms Crockwell said: “We know that there are so many women in this country who are challenged with providing for themselves and their families.”
She added: “Donations like these offer short-term relief as we work with our clients to create long-term plans for financial stability.”
Abigail Clifford, the president and group chief executive of BF&M, said that the company spent $12,000 purchasing the care package items, with more products being donated by employees.
She thanked the employees who donated time and resources to putting together the care packages.
Ms Clifford said: “At BF&M, we believe that everyone should have access to the basic necessities of life.
“As a committed partner and supporter of the Women’s Resource Centre, we were pleased to donate 150 care packages to support the invaluable work that they do helping women and families in need in our community.”
The remaining care packages are available at the WRC office in Sophia House, Pembroke on a first-come, first-served basis.
• For more information, call the WRC on 295-3882 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service