Validus boosts rugby programme with $35,000
Re/insurer Validus yesterday presented $35,000 to Beyond Rugby Bermuda .
The donation is direct result of the successful Running of the Bulls race held earlier this year which raised $10,000, plus a gift of $25,000, to support the charity’s ongoing work.
Beyond Rugby Bermuda (BRB) is a partnership between the Family Center and Bermuda Rugby Football Union.
BRB works with children at two schools in Bermuda, CedarBridge High School and Dellwood Middle School-both schools containing 'at risk' children that tend to get lost in society (by dropping out and/or joining gangs).
The main goal of the programme is to help young people graduate.
After one full year of our programme with 60 youngsters between the two schools, Jerome Dill of Validus said: ”We are thrilled to support the great work our close allies at Beyond Rugby do on a daily basis to strengthen education in our community. We are pleased to announce that this year we expect a 100 percent graduation rate among students in the programme, a tremendous achievement.”
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service