BII awards Gillett, Catlin, Estwanik and Argus
The Bermuda Insurance Institute (BII) has named former chairman of the Bermuda Insurance Development Council, Roger Gillett, as the recipient of its 2013 Lifetime Achievement Award.
Mr Gillett spent 20 years with Johnson & Higgins (Bermuda) Ltd., where he developed the brokerage’s global captive management operations, and went on to become president of Ace Risk Management International before retiring in 2007.
He also held various leadership roles with Bermuda-based insurance trade groups.
The BII says its Lifetime Achievement Award recognises an individual who distinguishes his or herself in the industry over the course of their career and has influenced and developed organisations, products, talent or industry networks with a view of building the future success of the Bermuda market.
Also awarded this year is Stephen Catlin, founder and CEO of Bermuda-based insurer and reinsurer, Catlin Group who has been named the BII’s Insurance Leader of the Year.
Mr Catlin will be recognised, in part, for growing Catlin from a two-person operation to a $5 billion company with global operations.
Chris Estwanik, assistant vice president with Validus Services (Bermuda) Ltd., will receive the BII’s Young Industry Leader of the Year award for insurance professionals under the age of 35.
And advisory firm Argus Group Holding Ltd. will receive the institute’s Corporate Social Responsibility Award for its charitable and community service efforts to benefit Bermuda.
The BII’s Insurance Industry Awards recognise exceptional individuals and companies whose leadership skills, contributions to the industry, and/or Bermuda community set them apart from their peers.
Recipients will be honoured at a ceremony to be held on May 16, 2013 at the Bermuda Underwater Exploration Institute.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service