Nystrom joins Taylors’ Bermuda team
Taylors in association with Walkers is pleased to announce that Paul Nystrom has joined the firm as senior counsel in the finance and corporate practice.
Mr Nystrom, who was previously with Conyers Dill & Pearman, adds finance expertise to Taylors' bench having developed a significant asset finance practice in Bermuda over the past ten years and having worked on some large capital markets transactions in Asia when at Shearman & Sterling in New York and Hong Kong.
Mr Nystrom advises on all aspects of aviation and shipping finance, including registrations, SPVs, debt and equity offerings, IPOs, and private placements. His clients include global financial institutions, public companies, import-export banks and he regularly works alongside onshore law firms, acting on both the lender and issuer-side of global transactions. Mr Nystrom's practice also covers structured finance including asset-backed securities and CLOs.
Mr Nystrom also has an active general corporate practice, including the establishment of Bermuda entities and advising companies and directors in respect of corporate governance and regulatory matters, including directors' fiduciary duties and responsibilities.
Taylors' corporate practice has gone from strength to strength since the firm's opening in January 2016 and Paul's arrival will deepen and consolidate the bench available to clients.
Jonathan Betts, head of Taylors' Finance and Corporate group, said: “Paul brings with him a wealth of finance experience, which will strengthen Taylors' structured and asset finance offerings, to better meet the demands of our clients.
“As the financial market continues to grow, we at Taylors will continue to support the industry with our market-leading global offerings.”
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service