Former insurance professional dies of illness
James Matusiak, a former resident of Bermuda who worked in the island’s professional services and re/insurance industries, has died after a brief illness.
Mr Matusiak, a resident of Frisco, Texas, was 47.
He worked at PwC, PXRe and RenaissanceRe during his stay on the island.
More recently, Mr Matusiak worked for the brokers, Howden Tiger.
He leaves behind wife, Pam, and children Anna, Evelyn and Ian.
Anna, 18, is in her first year at the University of Arkansas, studying nursing, while 16-year-old Evelyn and 12-year-old Ian also intend to pursue higher education after high school.
To support the children, the Matusiak Children's Education Fund has been set up, with funds to go into individual 529 college saving funds for higher education expenses and tuition.
The fund has the goal of raising $30,000.
On Sunday morning, the fund was sitting at $25,300 in donations.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service