Flow Traders posts year-end $160 million profit
A Dutch fintech firm that recently set up a Bermuda holding company has reported normalised net profit of $160.2 million for fiscal year 2022 (2021: $148.7 million).
Flow Traders is a global financial technology-enabled liquidity provider in financial products, historically specialised in exchange-traded products, and now expanding into other asset classes.
The company said the update of the corporate holding structure, which was completed last month, enables Flow Traders to become more competitive as a global liquidity provider, particularly in relation to regulatory capital management.
Different capital requirements will apply after the update, which are expected to expand Flow Traders' strategic growth options.
Furthermore, it will create a more level playing field with global peers with respect to the regulatory capital framework. Flow Traders' regulated entities will continue to be subject to supervision by their respective regulators.
Mike Kuehnel, the chief executive of Flow, said: “In 2022 as a whole, we made considerable progress delivering on our strategic growth ambitions which has seen an even more resilient and diverse business emerge. It is encouraging to see a structural return on our recent investments in the business.
“Indeed, 2022 saw record value traded versus last year across our three asset class pillars and we continue to grow our institutional counterparty base which now stands at more than 2,200.
“The successful completion of the update to our corporate holding structure means that we now have even greater trading flexibility and have laid the groundwork to undertake any potential inorganic growth activity.”
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service