Laverde rejoins Bacardi as SVP for Bacardi Rum
Roberto Ramirez Laverde has been appointed to the post of global SVP, Bacardi Rum.
He takes on an open role after the promotion of Ned Duggan to global chief marketing officer of Bacardi and president of Bacardi Global Brands Limited.
The new appointee reports to Mr Duggan and joins the marketing leadership team.
He will be based in Bermuda, pending authorisation by the Bermuda Department of Immigration.
Mr Ramirez Laverde previously worked at Bacardi from 2013 until 2019. He most recently was at Mastercard in Latin America and the Caribbean, where he was senior vice-president, marketing and communications.
Originally from Mexico, he is a multi-award-winning marketer.
Mr Duggan said: "In addition to being a brilliant marketer, Roberto understands the value of consumer mindsets, and equally important, he gets Bacardi.
“He knows our people, our culture and brings a strong track record of collaborating that is key to continue unlocking even greater growth for the brand across the globe."
Mr Ramirez Laverde said: "I am thrilled to be back at Bacardi and to work with the incredibly talented team who has been building and leading the brand. Together, I know we will build Bacardi's next great story."
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service