Government offering free training in administration
The Government is offering free training in administration that leads to a qualification.
The Department of Workforce Development is inviting administrators and anyone interested in becoming an administrator to take part in a 12-week programme to earn a “valuable certification”.
A spokesman for the department said the certification would help participants to gain employment while demonstrating depth of knowledge, expertise and commitment within the field.
A variety of skills will be taught in the programme.
• Interpersonal communication
• Project management
• Event planning
• Video conferencing
• Virtual office management
• Business writing
• Internet security
Jason Hayward, the Minister of Economy and Labour, said: “This is yet another opportunity provided to ensure Bermudians can meet the demands of our workforce.
"Coupled with the free monthly training offered throughout the year, the Department of Workforce Development continues working hard to ensure those employed and seeking employment have access to training opportunities to retool, upskill, and most importantly, pursue satisfying careers in their chosen professions.
"We encourage anyone who wants to enhance their skills and employability as administrators to sign up for this training programme."
Anyone interested in participating should respond in order to attend an information session on Thursday, March 30, at 5:30pm at the Department of Workforce Development at 23 Parliament Street, Hamilton [the old Magistrate's Court Building].
For more information and to RSVP, e-mail Kenneth Bartram at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 444-1877.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service