How to fight cycle theft
October 27, 2011.
With all the crime taking place on motorcycles, I make the following suggestions:
1. Licence plates be made bigger — at least the size of those for cars, but even larger, so they can be more easily seen by witnesses.
2. Licence plates be colour coded — a different colour for each parish.
3. Each Parish be subdivided into licensing sections (smaller than electoral zones) and the letter of the license number indicating the zone of the owner of the bike.
4. The last digit of the license number being the house number of the owner.
5. The first and second digits indicating the first and second letters in the name of the owner of the bike.
These changes should be done immediately, by recall, and not wait for the annual re-licensing.
City of Hamilton