What Bermuda needs
March 19, 2102
The letter from Mackai Dickerson in today’s (March 19)
Royal Gazette is proof positive that people like him are still blind to anything but the past and seem to have a compulsive need to rationalise the continued existence of the Progressive Labour Party. I mean, come on, buddy, you sound like a pretty smart person ... do you really think anyone out there believes that another five years of the PLP is going to allow them to build on ‘their successes’? I love your comment about the One Bermuda Alliance and the lack of a platform. Here’s a new party you can say what you like about the UBP MPs in its midst, but I can assure you that none of them are running anything and they already have most of their platform but they dare not announce it before an election is called. Mackai, my friend, your beloved PLP has been around for almost 50 years and they traditionally do not even have a platform much before a couple of weeks, at best, before an election. It’s part of the game but if anyone holds their platform from the people it’s your PLP!
You speak of what you don’t know about the OBA but the you conveniently paint them with a UBP brush. You say you’d rather stay with what you do know the PLP and my suggestion is if you like what they’re serving, keep believing that the food is going get better. I assure you that your tummy will need some of Zane’s healthcare pumping out soon. Frankly, I know absolutely what I have in the PLP and I would vote for practically anything else at this point. Hopelessness, incompetence, and arrogance are what you will get from your PLP hope, ability and confidence is what Bermuda will get from the OBA. And I’m as sure as I can be about that.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service