Communication was in order
April 12, 2013
I refer to the article headlined ‘Cablevision outage affects Digicel internet customers’ that appeared in the Business section of last Friday’s
The Royal Gazette. While I note that construction equipment was the cause, there was an outage of four hours. People calling in to Cablevision would have got a voicemail saying there was no one at extension XYZ and the Transact Helpdesk just played Muzak with no message at all! As a result, myself and I’m sure other customers had to be content with tinkering with the connection as they had no idea what was going on. Cablevision could have left a voicemail, or a message on Cable TV indicating the estimated time the problem would have been fixed; and the same company will charge you 200 percent interest, $5 late fee, on a balance of $2.50 outstanding. Please, Cablevision and Digicel, communicate with your customers. Has anyone done a survey on the best combination of ISPs?
ASKING FOR BETTER SERVICE
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service