Praying for a divided community
April 23, 2013
I have been told that the Premier has appealed to the churches and places of worship for a period of special prayer. Many will support his endeavour. Perhaps it is because of those who are suffering because of the current economic crisis and the violence among young black men.
Most assuredly some of us will also pray that he finds the courage and competence to attempt to unify this very divided community and to bring about greater equity. Certainly he needs to find some way to lift up the black community which has not only been excluded, exploited and demeaned, but is still viewed with and often treated with contempt.
Our children, grandchildren, and great grand children should not have to continue to inherit a society that has not only been as deeply divided as is ours but where some have so much and others have so little.
EVA N HODGSON
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service