OBA will never address racial inequities
I would like to say a great big thank-you to BELLA57 (The Royal Gazette, August 27) for saying it so well in his letter headlined “Mr Richards should not be hiding facts”.
Those who missed it should retrace their steps and do so.
I also agree with Jamahl Simmons, of the PLP, in his article on the same day headlined “Racial inequity is holding us back”.
But on that score we are hitting our heads against a stone wall.
The Premier may pat himself and his colleagues on the back for what they have accomplished but neither he nor the OBA will ever address the racial inequities that decades of racism has imposed upon us — the impact of which continues — no matter how destructive it is, not only to the black community but to the entire country.
Nor does it help that we, the black community, no longer see ourselves as a community with a common history and a common need to continue to struggle for justice and equity.
Worse than that, we find all kinds of ways to show our lack of support even for those with whom we profess to have a common cause.
Eva N Hodgson
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service