Alternatives to American Airlines are out there
It has been a while now that American Airlines has been frustrating Bermudians who have to travel through Miami to destinations farther south.
When they stop the evening flight to Bermuda and the resulting morning flight to Miami, in most cases it will take almost a day, with overnight travels and at least one connecting flight. The same holds true on the way back, causing hardship and frustration to many of us who want to make those trips.
I urge the powers that be to seek out another airline that can fill this void and make travelling more effortless for us. It may be that they can approach Caribbean Airlines to try a once or twice-a-week flight from Trinidad to Barbados to Antigua and Bermuda, and returning via the same islands.
In the 1960s and 1970s, both British Airways and Air Canada used to fly from Trinidad, with Air Canada doing Barbados, Bermuda and Toronto, and BA doing Antigua, Bermuda and London. They both stopped flying those routes at the same time.
I hope something can be worked out to make travel easier to and from that part of the world.
ASHMEAD M. ALI
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service