Pining for a return to yesteryear
I have been a holidaymaker to Bermuda since 1970. Every year I would journey to Bermuda in July with my aunt and mom to enjoy the beautiful island I called my second home. Over the years, I made a multitude of wonderful Bermudian friends and I just loved everything about Bermuda.
One of my favourite things was enjoying the shopping in Hamilton. Stores such as Smith’s, Trimingham’s, Bluck’s, Cooper’s, Vera P Card and all the jewellery stores with their many treasures.
It saddens me to see those stores are now either closed or moved to St George's and are no longer in Hamilton. What a shame; they were the best part of my yearly holidays.
Along with those stores that are no longer, I remember the many fabulous entertainers I literally grew up with seeing each year. People like Gene Steede, The Fiery Limbo Dancers, The Bermuda Strollers, the steel bands and the island shows that were so wonderful.
What has happened to our world when all these wonderful places and entertainers have disappeared? How I wish I could turn the clock back to those years when they were still available and alive in beautiful Bermuda.
Port St Lucie, Florida
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service