Last Old Towne Market of the season
The curtain comes down on the last Olde Towne Market of the season in St George’s this Sunday.
About 15 vendors will be selling their wares at the event after being given free pitches by the organisers, including stands with Bermuda grocery bags, cotton sundresses, children’s clothing, jewellery and accessories, baked goods, hand-made personalised greeting cards, smoothies and a bouncy castle in Water Street between 2pm and 6pm.
There will also be a DJ to liven up proceedings and music and entertainment sponsored by the Economic Empowerment Zone Agency and shops and restaurants in the town will be open, with the English Sports Shop selling school clothes ahead of the new term, and Robertson’s Drug Store stocking back-to-school binders and stationery.
The Second Annual Causeway BBQ Throwdown and Block Party will also be taking place at Kindley Field Road by the Swing Bridge in St George’s, including a BBQ throwdown, a pie-eating contest, a mechanical bull and funcastles.
The event, which kicks off at 10am and runs until 10pm, is being run by fast food counter Selena’s.
The market starts again on October 30 up to December 18.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service