Young entrepreneur expands cleaning business
A former hotel room attendant who launched her own cleaning business is now expanding the firm's services.
“We do more than just clean” is the new motto for D&T's Cleaning, which refers to Dream Team Services.
The mobile business launched a few months ago and is already looking to expand.
The company originally offered cleaning and laundry services to offices, Airbnb accommodations and households.
Twenty-nine-year-old owner Teretha Shade Talbot, is a former room attendant at the Hamilton Princess and Beach Club who took a leap of faith by starting her own company.
She describes herself as having an entrepreneurial spirit. “I never liked working for anyone. My dad told me to start my own business, but I did not know what kind, until working at Hamilton Princess,” Ms Talbot said. “I just thought to myself, this is easy, I can do this as a business.”
She started to see a greater demand and a niche in the market for house and pet sitting. “Some people travel a lot on business and they may want someone to water the plants, feed their animals or just maintain their house while away,” she added.
Ms Talbot said that a member of staff will stay at the client's home for as long as needed. “There are no set hours, we work with our customers,” she said.
In addition to this service, D&T's Cleaning has introduced boat and home maintenance. “I just hired two more people to do maintenance on boats and at homes, so I hope to see this side of the business develop,” Ms Talbot said.
In the future she plans to move the business to a physical location.
• For more information visit Facebook, @D&T's Cleaning, or call 703-0069
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service