Belco seeks views on grid code
Belco is inviting the public to give their views on its proposed grid code.
Under its transmission, distribution and retail licence, the power utility is required to develop a grid code for approval by the Regulatory Authority.
The grid code is intended to cover all material technical aspects associated with connections to and operation of electric lines and electrical plant connected to the grid.
All bulk generation licensees and distributed generators who wish to interconnect with Belco will be required to adhere to the grid code.
Industry stakeholders and members of the public are invited to offer their opinions on the grid code in a consultation period with a deadline of September 24.
Belco will use the responses from the consultation to finalise the grid code draft before submission to the regulator.
The draft grid code may be downloaded from the homepage of Belco's website, www.belco.bm, or collected in hard copy format from Belco's head office on Serpentine Road.
Detailed consultation guidelines are provided within the relevant consultation materials.
Responses should be submitted to Belco either by e-mail to email@example.com with the subject line “Grid Code Consultation” or in hard copy format to the main reception desk at Belco's head office.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service