Burchell gets new role at Rosewood
Bermudian Katherine Burchell has been appointed assistant front office manager at the Rosewood Bermuda hotel.
Ms Burchell will help oversee the operations side of the front office, which includes managing agents, overseeing arrivals and departures and ensuring all the hotels service standards are met.
Ms Burchell has worked in hospitality all of her life and started working with Rosewood Bermuda two years ago.
“I began working at Rosewood Bermuda because my aunt works at the resort and encouraged me to apply,” Ms Burchell said. “Originally I wanted to work in the events department of a hotel, but after gaining experience I now want to work with conference services which combines event planning and guest services responsibilities.”
She joined the team following her participation in an 18-month management trainee programme at Rosewood Bermuda where she gained experience in the hotel's many departments and worked among other management trainees throughout the Rosewood brand.
Ms Burchell obtained her bachelor's degree from Humber College in Toronto, Canada.
Her favourite part of the job is welcoming guests and highlighting the island's beauty.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service