Wedco and BLDC to repeat seminar
A free seminar aimed at helping small and medium-sized contractors potentially win new businesses is to be repeated following the success of the first event.
The West End Development Corporation and the Bermuda Land Development Company joined forces to host an information session for contractors who have never done any work for Wedco or BLDC.
Andrew Dias, Wedco's general manager, said: “The main purpose was to provide contractors one-on-one time with Wedco and BLDC personnel to review bid processes for small, medium and large jobs which are put out to tender.
“The presentation provided examples of where to look or check on a regular basis to see works to bid on, what is required to be qualified vendor, what bid documents look like, how to prepare a bid document, what is the tender process and what is the award process.”
Mr Dias added: “The evening was deemed to be a success with contractors not only appreciating the opportunity to understand bid processes but also to give feedback on why some contractors may find it difficult to secure work.
“At the end, many contractors asked Wedco to host this once or twice a year as they said they found it positive and very helpful and we willingly agreed to hold another event during the first half of next year.”
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service