Arcade games a new attraction at Strykz
Before the popular video games of today, such as Fortnite and Minecraft, there was Pac-man, a bright yellow pie face with an insatiable appetite for dots.
Gen Xers spent hours with him dodging ghosts and scoring points.
Now they can relive the thrill at Strykz Bowling Lounge in St David's. The entertainment venue has just installed the arcade game Pac-man Pixel Bash, a compilation of classic games, plus Tight Rope and Fast and the Furious Super Bike.
It's all part of the venue's efforts to upgrade their offerings in the east end, since opening in 2014.
Owner Philip Bailey said adding arcade games has always been a part of the plan for Strykz all along.
The next advance will be offering delivery from their fast food restaurant, which opened last year, through the Sargasso Sea Delivery app.
Mr Bailey said that would be happening in the very near future.
“People are always commenting on the improvements and are very pleased with the new offerings,” he said. “They are enjoying it so much that they book again for family events or a corporate function.”
He stressed that Strykz is about much more than just bowling.
“It is an entertainment facility that has ten lanes, automatic scoring, glow in the dark bowling, black light, smoke machines and 8ft television screens,” he said. “You can eat in or take out. There's a sports bar and now arcade games.”
Mr Bailey said it is important that the staff embrace his vision.
“Customer service and the customer experience is essential,” he said.
For more information about Strykz see www.facebook.com/StrykzBowlingLounge or call 297-2727.
Did you know that Pac-man is one of the highest-grossing video games of all times, generating more than $2.5 billion in quarters by the 1990s? According to the Davie-Brown Index, the Pac-Man character has the highest brand awareness of any video game character among American consumers, with 94 per cent recognition.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service