Appleby shines with donations to STAR
The Bermuda office of international law firm Appleby has delivered Christmas trees, holiday food hampers and gifts to the charity Supportive Therapy for Aids Persons and their Relatives.
The firm said STAR has been doing important work in the community since 1986, helping to support persons with HIV and their families.
Appleby said it participates annually in STAR’s Christmas donation drive by supporting six families with food hampers, fruit baskets, toys, clothing, vouchers and toiletries, as well as delivering Christmas trees to their homes.
Tim Faries, Bermuda managing partner, said: “This marks our 22nd year working with STAR during the holiday season and each year we hope that our continued support provides some additional holiday cheer. I would like to thank our staff and partners who generously donated and extend our very best holiday wishes to the STAR families.”
The firm said STAR’s work in Bermuda has benefited more than 170 people at its Lighthouse facility, which aims to provide a family environment for residents, including men, women and children.
In addition, STAR offers support throughout the island to persons living with HIV by way of confidential counselling and personal caregivers visiting homes, the hospital and hospices, the firm said.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service