Restaurant staff donate meals to food charity
Staff at the Little Venice, L'Oriental and L'Oriental Express restaurants decided the food and money that would normally go towards their Christmas staff party would instead go towards 50 meals for The Eliza DoLittle Society.
Danny Lim, executive chef, said: "Food is our most basic need. To think that there are families who are hungry in Bermuda, especially at this time of year, is heartbreaking. Our staff felt we had to do something in our own small way to contribute. ”
The Eliza DoLittle Society today received 50 meals consisting of roast turkey, cassava pie, stuffing, mashed potatoes, fresh vegetables, cranberry sauce, gravy and 50 bottles of water all prepared by the Little Venice chefs.
Danielle Riviere, Eliza DoLittle interim executive director, said: "On behalf of the clients of The Eliza DoLittle Society we would like to thank the staff of the Little Venice, L'Oriental and L'Oriental Express for their thoughtfulness in providing meals for others during this time.
“Their kindness ensures that the hundreds of clients that visit the pantry each week had the chance to received a cooked meal!"
• To find out more about The Eliza DoLittle Society visit www.theelizadolittlesociety.bm. If you would like to make a donation e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service