New IoD courses available
The Institute of Directors Bermuda is to present two courses this month.
The Role of the Chair will be held virtually on March 24, and the next scheduled course in the Certificate in Company Direction (CICD) qualification, The Role of the Director and the Board, will be held over two days, March 15 and 16.
The latter is one of four courses required to achieve the CICD qualification, which is the first qualification on the path towards attaining chartered directorship through IoD Bermuda.
It is a modular programme that also covers strategy, finance and leadership for directors and delivers the core knowledge and awareness needed to be an effective member of both company and non-profit boards.
IoD Bermuda executive director Danielle Riviere said: “The board chair has a critical influence on a board's style, composition, balance and performance.
“This course provides a unique opportunity to review the chair’s role in light of current legal requirements and good practice.”
The courses are open to both members and non-members of IoD Bermuda.
Learn more at www.iod.bm or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service