Walkers taps Gibson as WPS director
Walkers and Walkers Professional Services are pleased to announce that senior counsel, Andrew Gibson, has been appointed to the role of director of legal at WPS.
WPS works in tandem with Walkers law firm to deliver integrated, best-in-class legal and professional services to clients across global financial centres.
The appointment will enhance legal and risk operations, given the increasingly complex and expanding regulatory landscape facing all corporate service providers.
It also reflects the continued growth of WPS, which recently launched a series of new service lines.
Mr Gibson will lead a team responsible for navigating the constantly evolving regulatory landscape.
He was previously senior counsel in Walkers' insolvency and dispute resolution group, where he practised for nine years in commercial litigation and alternative dispute resolution, with a focus on fraud and high-value asset recovery. The arbitration specialist and accredited commercial mediator was recently recognised as a rising star in leading legal directory, the Legal 500.
Gibson's career with Walkers started in 2013 when he joined the Cayman Islands office as an associate in the insolvency and dispute resolution group. Before that, he worked in the litigation practice of a prominent firm in Dubai.
He said: "The experience I have gained working offshore and with Walkers' acclaimed dispute resolution practice is second to none and has prepared me well for this challenging new role."
Steven Manning, WPS CEO, said: "WPS continues to invest heavily in its people, technology and focus on client service to accommodate the increasing demands of modern business. This role will 'future proof' our operations from a legal and risk perspective and we are delighted to welcome Andrew to the team."
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service