Bacardi hosts vendor market for Black-owned retailers
Bermudian-headquartered Bacardi Limited hosted its “Give Back to Black” vendor market on Friday as part of what it said are efforts to highlight and support Black entrepreneurs in the community.
The event was hosted on the front lawn of the Bacardi building on Pitts Bay Road in Pembroke and included a diverse range of 30 Black-owned vendor businesses including Ashley’s Lemonade, Strange Bird, Dove & Butterfly, Jamie Madison, Pacos Tacos and Tassel Bermuda.
Bacardi said the community was invited to discover businesses that they may not have shopped with before and spend their dollars directly with small Black-owned businesses.
Douglas Mello, the managing director of Bacardi Limited, said: “As a family-owned business for seven generations, we take great pride in how we show up for our communities.
“We are committed to using our platforms and network to support and promote local, Black-owned businesses in Bermuda.
“The ‘Give Back to Black’ vendor market is a way to connect these incredible entrepreneurs with new audiences and provide increased brand exposure, sales and, hopefully, lifelong customers.”
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service