BMA quietly takes on Toby Mason as new COO
Toby Mason has been appointed chief operating officer at the Bermuda Monetary Authority.
Posting on his LinkedIn account at the beginning of last week, Mr Mason said: “I’m delighted to be at the end of my first day as COO at Bermuda Monetary Authority in beautiful, (mainly) sunny Hamilton.
“I'm excited to be here and thrilled with the typically warm and friendly Bermudian welcome.”
Mr Mason was the COO at Allica Bank in London, England. He held the position for more than three years until December of last year.
He also served as COO for London-based ClearBank for two years.
Mr Mason spent nearly 20 years at American Express in a variety of roles in Britain, the United States and Singapore.
He is a graduate of the University of Oxford with an MA in classics and modern languages.
The BMA was asked if they were planning to release information about Mr Mason’s appointment, but had not responded by press time.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service