BEDC postpones business seminar
A seminar to keep business owners, entrepreneurs and professionals ahead of the competition in a crowded marketplace has been postponed.
The seminar was to be hosted Thursday by the Bermuda Economic Development Corporation.
Innovate to Differentiate: Strategies for Standing Out in a Saturated Market was scheduled as a two-hour seminar for March 30.
And as the last seminar for the fiscal year, the BEDC said it was designed to help traditional business think bigger.
But late in the day yesterday, the BEDC issued a statement mysteriously noting: “Due to unforeseen circumstances, we have decided to postpone this seminar; we apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused. We will provide an update on the new date as soon as one is chosen.”
The government department known for programmes to help entrepreneurs and small businesses, had reached out for presenters to certain innovators who had demonstrated creative ways to deliver their products and services.
The seminar was scheduled to provide attendees with practical strategies for fostering a culture of innovation within their businesses, identifying new and untapped markets, and leveraging emerging technologies to create new value for customers.
Participants were due to learn from real-world local examples of successful businesses that have embraced innovation to differentiate themselves and gain a competitive edge.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service