DeCouto faces Georgia challenge
Local motorcycle racer Paul DeCouto reckons the key to success at this weekend’s CCS event at Roebling Road Raceway in Bloomingdale, Georgia could come down to bike suspension.
DeCouto is competing in the Expert GTO, Expert Unlimited Supersport, Expert Unlimited Superbike and Expert Unlimited Grand Prix races on his modified Suzuki GSXR 1000 at one of the most challenging tracks on the CSS circuit.
“This is a challenging 11 turn, 2.2 mile asphalt road course with extremely fast and flowing turns and no elevation changes, making suspension setting key to a successful race,” he said.
The Cycle Care co-owner will be accompanied in Georgia by compatriot Jacob Sousa who will share his ride in a 75-lap endurance race.
“Although we plan to be competitive in this race it is our primary objective to use the seat time to practice, tune suspension and allow Jacob to become familiar with the track,” DeCouto said.
Both men departed for Miami yesterday to pick up their racing equipment before embarking on a nine-hour drive to Roebling Road Raceway.
Reigning Expert Formula 40 champion DeCouto got the 2012 campaign off to a flying start after taking the coveted chequered flag at last month’s CCS season-opener at Homestead Miami Speedway.
Also taking part in that event was teenager Cody Sousa-Saints in the 600cc class on a bike loaned to him by a friend.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service