Barnes produces perfect performance
Scott Barnes enjoyed a perfect day at the Rubis Southside Raceway after completing a clean sweep of victories in his three classes last weekend.
Barnes claimed the chequered flag in all eight of his heats in the Shifters, L206 Seniors and Tag Seniors to extend his overall lead in all three classes of the Bermuda Karting Club Race Series.
His final Shifter heat was postponed because of bad weather and will be completed during the next race day. “I finally got my perfect day!” said Barnes, who also qualified in pole position in all three classes.
“It's the first time I've done it when racing all three classes, something I've done for the past two seasons.
“A few race days ago, I was six for six in the Tag and Shifters, but sat out the L206 to concentrate on the other two classes, as I've such a big lead in the L206.
“I went eight for eight, not nine for nine because the final Shifter heat got pulled when the rain came down. I'll have to wait to make up that final heat and see if I can make it nine for nine.”
Barnes, the former BKC president, said the red-hot performances were a welcome boost as the season reaches its business end.
“I went into the day knowing I needed some wins to help out with the championship lead [in each class],” he said. “I didn't have a great race day last time around, had some bad luck, and I was definitely looking for nine from nine.”
Although the L206 title is virtually sewn-up for Barnes, he said he still has come work to do to secure the titles in his other two classes.
“There are still three race days and nothing's over until it's over,” he added. “I have a comfortable lead in the Shifters and a little cushion in the Tag. That's definitely not over by any means.”
Results, Page 26
For more information on how to get involved and what the club offers, call BKC president Bilal Binns on 704-2184, Barnes on 505-1611 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service