Scott Barnes aiming to retain Skusa Winter Series crown
Scott Barnes is determined to retain his Skusa Winter Series title at the Homestead-Miami Motorplex in Florida this weekend.
The 38-year-old heads into the conclusion of the series with an all-important lead at the top of the Shifter Masters standings after a dominant display in the opening two rounds of the competition at the same venue last month.
Barnes was in stellar form, winning three of the four races — a heat race and two finals races.
He also picked up 20 bonus points with the fastest laps on both days, to cap an impressive weekend.
“After a great first two rounds last month we came into this weekend with a good points lead,” said Barnes, who races for Ohio-based Magik Kart USA.
“Unfortunately, the kart count is not great this weekend, but that is not something we can control.
“All I’m focusing on will be trying to add some more wins this weekend and bring home the 2023 shifter masters championship back to Bermuda.”
Barnes is aiming to build on the momentum of an impressive international campaign last season.
As well as clinching the Skusa Winter Series Championship title, he capped off the campaign with race victories at five of the six overseas events he competed in, including clinching two wins in the Xtream Rock Island Grand Prix and finishing third overall at the prestigious Skusa SuperNationals in Las Vegas.
He also enjoyed success at the Daytona KartWeek in Florida earlier this year in which Barnes managed to wrap up the event with podium places in each of the four races, claiming second and third-place finishes in the 125 KZ Shifter class, as well as a victory and a second place in the 125 Stock Honda Shifter class.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service