Library card promotion launched
A bid to increase the use of libraries was launched this month.
The Bermuda National Library is to run Library Card Sign Up Month throughout September, with the chance of winning a Kindle Fire.
The library will collaborate with The Friends of the Library, authors, and businesses to offer members a range of special events.
● A “Pop Up and Sign Up” event with free popcorn on Nellie’s Walk
● Adult storytime with Bermudian authors
● Beyond the Rubber Tree Tour of Par-la-Ville Park with Tim Rogers
● Instructional sessions on researching the digital collection, accessing e-books on Overdrive/Libby and how to use Tutor.com and
● Members can take advantage of discounts at The Bookmart at Brown & Co. when they show their library card.
A spokeswoman told the public: “We encourage everyone to register to become a library member, as your free library card is the key to endless possibilities.
“Your library card gives you access to free books and materials, online resources, educational programs, and events that strengthen our families.”
For more information, contact the Bermuda National Library at email@example.com or call 295-2905 and visit www.bnl.bm.