Sorry, the End of the World has been cancelled
Just to let you know that the End of the World scheduled for tomorrow has been cancelled so, if you have been waiting to see how that turned out before organising yourself for Christmas, you might want to get your skates on. Here are a few things coming up in Bermuda to keep you amused until the next apocalypse scare:
* Promising a night of high energy, rock vibes and unique sound, Another Plane Crash is holding a concert at The Chewstick Neo-Griot Lounge & Cafe tomorrow. Entry is $10, doors open at 9pm, the show starts at 10pm and the after-party goes until 1pm. The show will stream live at www.Chewstick.org. For information e-mail email@example.com.
* Still looking for somewhere to eat on December 25? The Point at Rosewood Tucker's Point is hosting a four-course Christmas Day lunch at 1pm, preceded by a cocktail and canapé reception from noon. The cost is $135 for adults, $65 for children aged 12 and under, free for under-5s. The Point and Tucker's Bar will be open as well, serving the regular à la carte menu. For reservations call 298-4070. If you'd rather have Christmas dinner in your own home without having to cook, The Point is also offering a special takeaway menu with pumpkin soup, roasted turkey with traditional garnishes and a classic Yule log, at a cost of $75 per person. Orders must be placed by noon tomorrow on 298-4070.
* Another festive dining option, this time from Fourways Inn. Their Christmas Day brunch starts at 11.30am, with the last seating at 2.30pm. The cost is $56.75 for adults and $25 for children under 12. For more information call 236-6517.
* The Reefs are offering two dinner options on New Year's Eve. A five-course meal starts at 6.30pm at a cost of $95 per person; a second seating at 8.30pm features a six-course dinner (including a glass of champagne), at $115 per person. The hotel is offering rooms at a special rate of $399. The cost includes dinner and breakfast for two. For reservations, contact 236-0222 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
* A new one to add to the list of NYE options: A gala dinner at Rosewood Tucker's Point's newly-branded clubhouse, Sul Verde. The evening begins with cocktails and canapés from 7pm, followed by dinner at 8pm. The cost is $140 per person, excluding grats and beverages. For reservations, contact 298-4070.
* More Hogmanay fun, courtesy of the Pickled Onion. There is no cover charge for their NYE party, which will include complimentary party favours and a countdown to midnight with Graffiti Park. The à la carte menu and bottle service will both be available. For more information call 295-2263.
* Looking ahead to 2013, L'Alliance Française des Bermudes will screen 'The Chef' on Tuesday, January 15 and 'Same Old Song' on Tuesday, February 8 as part of its monthly cine club. Tickets are $5 for members, $8 for non-members and $3 for students. Full details can be found at www.alliancefrancaise.bm.
For full events listings and flyers, please visit www.NothingtodoinBermuda.com. The above is abbreviated content from that site