Quiet your mind at meditation workshop
• Quiet your mind and find inner peace and tranquility at the free Meditation Workshop on Wednesday, September 9. From 6pm until 7.30pm in Room 404 of the International Centre on Bermudiana Road, you will learn how yoga sound meditation helps to deeply relax the mind and control negative emotions. Come and learn how to make your heart peaceful and happy through meditation with breath, bead meditation and chanting meditation. Admission is free and there will be free meditation CDs and vegan snacks available. For more information, or to RSVP, e-mail email@example.com or visit www.DeepPeaceMeditation.com.
• There’s an opportunity to sip on some vino while watching the sun go down as Discovery Wines hosts another one of their popular Sunset Wine Tasting Cruises on Saturday, September 12. This time, they will be sailing at 6.30pm from Albouy’s Point aboard the ‘Ana Luna’ with Captain Nathan. From then until the boat returns at 9.30pm, they will be serving five fantastic wines, with an array of delectable hors d’oeuvres, while sailing around Hamilton Harbour. The cost per person is $80 and tickets can be purchased from discoverywines.bm/products/sunset-cruise-september-12. For more information, contact 296-9463, firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.DiscoveryWines.bm.
• Have fun while burning calories without hurting your joints at Splash for Teal Aqua Aerobics on Tuesday, September 15. This hour-long water aerobic workout will begin at 6pm at Bermuda National Sports Centre. The instructor will be Annette Lewis, who runs lively aerobic classes which are lots of fun. The cost is $10 and the registration can be completed at www.ovariancancerawareness.webs.com/registration. All profits will go to OCAB funds to support women. For more information, contact 799-3685 or email@example.com.
• The September edition of the monthly Ciné Club from L’AllianceFrançaise des Bermudes will be showing ‘Les Souvenirs’ (‘Memories’) at 8pm on Tuesday, September 15. Screening in the Tradewinds Auditorium at BUEI, this French comedy-drama with English subtitles is from director Jean-Paul Rouve, with Michel Blanc, Annie Cordy and Matthieu Spinosi. ‘Les Souvenirs’ tells the story of Romain, 23, who has his whole life ahead of him. A student working nights in a hotel, he is plotting a career as a novelist and, of course, looking for love. His grandmother Madeleine has her best years behind her but she is defiantly full of life. When her sons put her in a retirement home after her husband passes away, Madeleine cannot help feeling out of place. One day, Madeleine goes missing. Romain sets off to look for her, somewhere in his grandmother’s memories. Ticket holders are also entitled to 10 per cent off at Harbourfront (food only), please mention the lecture when booking to avail of the discount and note that it cannot be combined with any other special offers. For dinner reservations call 295-4207. Tickets are available at the door and cost $5 for AF/BUEI members, $10 for non-members and $5 for students. Full details can be found at www.AllianceFrancaise.bm.
• September has been designated Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month and as part of this there will be a Break the Silence 5K Run/Walk on Sunday, September 27. The start time is 8.30am and the Race Route will start at Clearwater Beach (next to the parking area on Coopers Island Road), north to Southside Road (SSR), left on SSR, west to the roundabout opposite the former White’s Supermarket Building, returning back along the same route, staying to the left to the finish line across from Clearwater Beach. Ovarian Cancer is a silent killer of our mothers, sisters, daughters and friends. The OCAB (Ovarian Cancer Awareness Bermuda) is committed to bringing awareness about this deadly disease to all Bermudians, and to assist and support those battling the disease however they can. This battle is not only for women — men are also encouraged to show their support by participating. The race fee is $32 for the 5K run, $22 for the 5K Walk and $22 for the Cancer Survivor/Non Competitive 5K. Registration can be completed online at www.RaceDayWorld.com. Participants are encouraged to wear Teal/Aqua and Black as support colours for the event. For more information, contact Donna Mae Arorash on firstname.lastname@example.org or 504-2111, or visit www.RaceDayWorld.com.
• The Masterworks Contemporaries present Off the Wall, a tableau vivant party at Blu Bar and Grill on Saturday, October 3. From 7pm, you are invited to bring art to life by dressing as your favourite painting, artist, art genre, colour ... you get the idea! This will be a night of fun with an open bar, dinner, dancing, a silent auction, and prizes. Tickets are $185 and will be available from Masterworks in September. For more information, contact Masterworks on 299-4000.
• For full events listings and flyers, please visit www.NothingtodoinBermuda.com. The above is abbreviated content from that site. If you would like your event included on the site, please go to the ‘Submit Your Event’ section and add all the details and flyer.