Gorham’s: a community service to be proud of
Bermuda, please join us in giving a big thank-you to Gorham’s Ltd. It recently donated new tools and equipment to the Parish Pride Project for our young persons to work as a team, gain community hours and learn valuable skills — all while assisting to keep Devonshire and Smith’s parishes maintained.
The tools included a Troy-Bilt lawnmower, weed trimmer, rakes and other items that will be put to use in short order to keep on top of the grass and trees around our parish. On Sunday gone, two young men from Devonshire, Razi Garland and Kory Hyde, used their time and skills working together to beautify the bus stop across from the squash club.
This Sunday, weather permitting, we will be painting the interiors of a few bus stops in Devonshire. In true community spirit, various companies in the parish have donated paint, painting tools, snacks and water. We wish to thank them as well for their generosity.
For those interested in assisting and/or gaining community hours, we will be meeting at the bus stop just east of Belvin’s Grocery in Devonshire at 9am. From there, we will split into teams that will work on predetermined bus stops.
At each of the locations the walls will be brushed, then cleaned. After that, a coat of primer will be applied. Once the primer has dried, two top coats of white paint will be put on. The floors will receive the same pre-treatment and then two coats of grey paint. The entire process takes a little more than two hours.
Everyone attending will be supplied with paintbrushes, rollers and safety gloves. If you are interested in donating new or used tools and/or joining us in our monthly activities, feel free to message me on WhatsApp. We look forward to having a productive community day with both the young and not so young.
• Christopher Famous is the government MP for Devonshire East (Constituency 11). You can reach him on WhatsApp at 599-0901 or e-mail at email@example.com
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service