BTA webinar focuses on business survival
Hospitality businesses and entrepreneurs are invited to join a Bermuda Tourism Authority virtual thought-leadership event tomorrow aimed at offering critical survival resources during Covid-19.
The BTA said the free, 90-minute “Industry Resilience Roundtable” webinar, scheduled for 3pm until 4.30pm, will share latest global data related to traveller sentiment and the impact of Covid-19 on Bermuda, along with examples of business innovation and adaptation occurring in response to the crisis.
Local experts will offer advice on how tourism businesses can proactively stem losses and leverage opportunities to better survive in collective readiness for the industry's recovery, the BTA said.
Glenn Jones, interim chief executive officer of the BTA, and Erin Smith, the organisation's chief information officer, will co-chair the virtual round table, alongside a collection of local thought leaders, including:
• Philip Barnett, director and president, Island Restaurant Group and a BTA director
• Chris Furbert, president, Bermuda Industrial Union
• Stephen Gould, SVP, head of corporate banking, Butterfield Bank
• Craig Simmons, senior lecturer, economics, Bermuda College
• Erica Smith, executive director, Bermuda Economic Development Corporation
• Kristin White, writer, retailer, tour operator, entrepreneur
Mr Jones said: “We have the right people around the table to have a serious discussion about collectively navigating our way through this unprecedented event.”
He added: “Whether you work in the tourism industry or own a piece of it, my hope is this industry resilience round table steels you for the hardships of right now, and at the same time, prepares you for the recovery of tomorrow.”
To join the round table, go to: bit.ly/resilienceroundtable