Cricket squad named for MCC tour
Bermuda Cricket Board named a 28-man squad this morning for the MCC Tour's of the Island.
Head coach David Moore has opted for a mix of youth and experience, rewarding performances in domestic cricket this summer, while also hoping that players such as Glenn Blakeney and Kevin Hurdle are ready to be part of the national set-up once more.
In all Bermuda teams will play nine 50 or 20 over matches against the tourists, and the games also include a special festival match where the 2007 World Cup squad will be reunited for a day/night Twenty20 game at Somerset on Spetember 26.
Bermuda squad: Batsmen - G Blakeney, L Cann, F Crockwell, A Douglas Jnr, C Foggo, T Fray, D Hemp, D Hollis, K Hurdle, T Manders, S Outerbridge, I Romaine, R Smith, D Stovell. Bowlers - D Bell, K Easton, J Gilbert, K Hodsoll, M Jones, S Kelly, G O'Brien, B Outerbridge, S Robinson, L Trott, R Trott. Wicketkeepers - J Anderson, C Burgess, D Minors.
Fixtures (matches at National Sports Centre unless stated): September 25 - Bermuda v MCC, T20. September 26 - Bermuda 2007 World Cup squad v MCC, T20, 6pm, Somerset CC. Spetember 28 - Bermuda v MCC, 50 overs, 10.30am. October 1 - T20 Triangular Competition, MCC v Bermuda 1, 9.30am-12.30pm; MCC v Bermuda 2, 1.30pm-4.30pm; Bermuda 1 v Bermuda 2, 5pm-8pm. October 2 - Bermuda v MCC, 50 overs, 10.30am, Bailey's Bay. October 4 - Bermuda v MCC, 50 overs, 10.30am. October 5 - Bermuda v MCC, T20, 6pm.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service