Car flips over in Somerset crash
A female motorist was rescued from her flipped car this afternoon, after the vehicle struck a utility pole along Middle Road, Somerset.
A Somerset woman ran to the scene after hearing “a loud crash” near St Joseph’s Church at about 1.55pm.
“I go outside and the car is destroyed,” she said. “The guys from the supermarket came out and helped her out of the car. I don’t think she was hurt but the car was twisted over in the road. There were a lot of people there right away to help.”
The witness said police arrived quickly, and Middle Road traffic was stopped for about 30 minutes until the car was removed.
“It was very unusual and people were very surprised,” the woman said, saying she had lived in the area for six years.
Police have not yet revealed the age or condition of the driver, who the witness said was able to walk away from the scene of the accident.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service