TS Ophelia could brush Island over the weekend
Bermuda could be in for a wet and windy weekend as Tropical Storm Ophelia is expected to pass to the Islands’ east as a Category 1 hurricane.
According to the Bermuda Weather Service, the storm system is expected to increase in strength today as it turns towards the north, gaining hurricane strength this morning.
The storm is expected to reach it’s closest point to Bermuda at around 4pm on Saturday, coming around 136nm to the Island’s east-southeast.
Ophelia is predicted to bring with it showers and moderate to strong east-south-easterly winds this evening and throughout tomorrow, weakening as the storm passes.
Gusts, showers and possible thunder are expected to continue into Sunday.
After passing to the east of the Island, the storm is expected to continue to the north, weakening to back to a Tropical Storm on Sunday night or Monday morning as it moves into the colder waters off the coast of Canada.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service