All CableVision employees are being called to an urgent meeting at the Bermuda Industrial Union Headquarters today at 6pm.
According to union organiser Louis Somner, the meeting is being called to discuss a number of festering issues which management has failed to address.
“Workers have been waiting since February 2010 to address their job descriptions,” he said. “Workers are confused about where they stand in the company.”
Mr Somner added that some workers have been receiving less wages than what is due to them.
Also on the agenda is the case of a foreign manager who has been working beyond their remit and despite being told by the Immigration department to stop doing so.
And, said Mr Somner, the company continues to fail to have a proper training programme in place for local workers, even as they bring in foreign workers.
“There is no training programme in place where these young people can get some upward mobility,’ he said.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service