Trio accused of home invasion
A 19-year-old was yesterday charged with committing a sexual assault on a female while using a firearm.
The man cannot be named for legal reasons.
He was one of three men charged in Magistrates’ Court yesterday in connection with a March 19 home invasion in Hamilton Parish.
The teenager was accused alongside Olicie Morgan, 31, of Rambling Lane, Pembroke and Triston Burgess, 19, of Random Lane West, Warwick, with a total of nine offences.
Magistrates’ Court heard the trio entered a home and stole money, cell phones, electronics, jewellery and other items while using a firearm.
Mr Burgess and the unnamed teen were jointly charged with possessing a firearm and two counts of taking motorcycles without consent.
The pair was further charged with two counts of using and handling a firearm to commit assault with the intent of robbing a woman in Paget and a man, also in Paget.
The unnamed teenager was accused on his own, of handling a firearm on or about March 20 without authority. He was also charged with handling stolen goods.
Senior Magistrate Archibald Warner remanded all three men in custody until April 9 for mention.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service