Roadworks force closure of part of North Shore Road
A stretch of road in Smith’s has been closed for repairs.
The Ministry of Public Works shut North Shore Road between Police Beach and Flatts Village yesterday at 6pm.
Work is expected to be completed by 7pm tomorrow.
Said a Government spokesman: “This road closure is necessary so the Ministry can cut back the cliff face along the south side of North Shore and facilitate road works necessary to create sidewalks and carry out necessary road improvements along the North Shore Road.
“North Shore will be closed to traffic from the junction at Jennings Road to the junction at Store Hill.
“Residents’ access will be provided only at the Store Hill junction for their properties.”
Traffic travelling east on North Shore Road will be directed along Store Hill; traffic headed in the opposite direction will be directed onto Middle Road.
There will be no bus service on North Shore Road from the Middle Road junction to the Store Hill junction, while the works take place.
The spokesman continued: “The Ministry advises bus patrons to go to bus stop locations outside of this road section designated in the bus schedule. Should there be inclement weather, road works will be postponed until the next available weekend.
“The Ministry would like to encourage the full cooperation from the motoring public and apologises for any inconvenience in advance.”
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service