Roadside ad annoys resident
A billboard-sized roadside banner advertising a phone sale drew ire from one resident — but the company said it’s only a temporary sign.
The CellOne ad along South Shore Road in Warwick wasn’t a hit with neighbour Andre Simons.
“I don’t want to have to look at it, and there should be rules against it,” said Mr Simons, calling the sign “garish” and “just completely out of the Bermuda norm”.
“That obnoxious purple” was the main reason Mr Simons cited for taking exception to the advert.
“It’s a massive sign on the side of a 20ft container,” he said. “I live right around the corner, I have to drive past it, and there’s no way I am going to look at that thing.”
According to a CellOne spokeswoman, the banner doesn’t break any rules.
“We are glad people noticed,” she said.
The sign advertises the April 23 launch of the new BlackBerry Z10 and will be moving around the Island over the next ten days.
The spokeswoman added: “It’s definitely temporary and we have permissions and permits for all the locations where it will be.”
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service