Grand opening for revamped restaurant
A restaurant in St George's that has been revamped by new management held its grand opening last night.
Formerly known as Soccer and Friends on Kings Square, the establishment has been renamed My Favourite Place and has a new look.
The restaurant is now owned by Larry Perinchief.
It will be managed by Judy Williams, while her husband Roland is head chef — the couple had worked at Black Horse Tavern in St David's for 30 years.
The venue is described as being relaxed, simple and child-friendly.
Ms Williams told The Royal Gazette: “We opened on Cup Match under new management and have been really busy since.
“It is not a really fancy restaurant. People can come here with their families, you can enjoy your meals and the food is always great here.
“The menu was Ronald's from the beginning as he used to work here. There is something for everybody.
“We don't want to do any changes for now. Over a period of time we will get another chef then we may put some new changes on the menu.”
The restaurant uses fresh local fish including deep-fried wahoo, pan-fired amberjack and rockfish. Other options include grilled chicken breast, tenderloins, lobster, rack of lamb and shrimp. There is also a children's menu.
“We did some painting, brought in some new drapes and added some outdoor furniture,” Ms Williams said.
“The decor is very simple, it is homely and you will be comfortable.
“The prices are very reasonable — you really get your money's worth down here.”
The restaurant's grand opening was attended by St George Mayor Quinell Francis and other dignitaries from the East End.
My Favourite Place is open for lunch and dinner every day except Tuesdays.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service