Road closures for race weekend start tonight
Traffic and parking in Hamilton is set to be affected by the annual Race Weekend, which starts this evening.
Events begin tonight with the KPMG Invitational Mile, and continue with the Bermuda International 10k Race and Charity Walk on Saturday ant the Bermuda International Marathon and Half Marathon on Sunday.
Starting at 4pm today, Front Street will be closed for parking between 4pm and 11pm between Par-la-Ville Road and the foot of Spurling Hill. Meanwhile Burnaby Street will be closed to parking from Reid Street to Front Street during the same period.
Roads in both areas are set to be closed to traffic between 6pm and 11pm.
Parking at the No 1, No 5 and No 8 Car Park was stopped at 2pm. Gates at the parking areas are set to be locked at 5pm and reopened at 10pm.
Road closures will resume tomorrow morning, starting at 8.45am.
Among the closures on Saturday are:
• Parsons Road, from Roberts Avenue to Montpelier Road between 8.45am and 10.15am.
• Montpelier Road, from Parsons Road to Middle Road between 8.45am and 10.15am.
• Frog Lane, from Palmetto to Parsons Road between 8.45am and 11am.
• Old Military Road, from Parsons Lane to Frog Lane between 8.45am and 11am, except for access to Cedar Park Estate.
• Middle Road, from Corkscrew Hill to Verdmont Road between 8.45am and 10.15am.
• North Shore Road, from Middle Road, Flatts to the Barkers Hill roundabout from 9am until 11am in a westbound direction.
• Gymnasium Road, from Frog Lane to Headquarters Hill between 8.45am and 11.30am.
Parking restrictions will also be in place between 8am and 11am on Saturday, covering areas including:
• Parsons Road, from Roberts Avenue to Montpelier Road.
• Frog Lane, from Palmetto Road to Parsons Road.
• Montpelier Road, from Parsons Road to Middle Road.
• Gymnasium Road, from Frog Lane to Fort Hill Road.
• Flatts Village, from North Shore Road (entrance to St James Court) to Middle Road junction.
• Fort Hill Road, from Alexander Road to Gymnasium Road.
Further closures are set to take place on Sunday in and around Hamilton throughout the day.
Sections of Front Street, Bermudiana Road, Par-la-Ville Road, Burnaby Street will be closed to traffic between 7am and 4pm.
Meanwhile sections of Crow Lane, Corkscrew Hill, Trimingham road will be closed between 7.30am and 8.30am.
Parking restrictions will be in place between 4am and 4pm in sections of Front Street, Bermudiana Road, Par-la-Ville Road, while Queen Street between Front Street and Reid Street will be used for reserve parking for taxis starting at 9.30am.
Motorists entering the city from the direction of Pitt's Bay Road on Sunday are advised to divert up Woodbourne Avenue, travel down Gorham Road, left onto Bermudiana Road and right onto Church Street in order to gain access to city churches and other locations. Likewise motorists entering the city from East Broadway are advised to divert north on Court Street.